Market Research and Analytics
- Collects industry and company data through a variety of channels, including sell-side research firms, internal and external databases, trade publications, online sources, regulatory filings and sometimes interviews with industry sources
- Reviews and organizes data, analyses and interprets data and trends within the company and the industry
- Maintain and provide sector forecast using the company’s supply and demand model
- Conduct regular market research updates to the management and commercial team
- Prepares background research to support commercial meetings with clients. Assist with producing quarterly KPI presentations for customers
- Produce research data to support projects.
- Position will work closely with the Head of Investor Relations to produce macro-economical and other research
- Provide business-related data analytics support for the organization
- Share intelligence with various departments within the company
Digital Data Management
- Maintain and update the repository of market data and intelligence for the company on Sharepoint and Power BI
- Manage the company’s data warehouse project, aimed at driving data-driven decision-making for the company
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science / Engineering and related quantitative disciplines (Masters or PhD preferred) with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in several of the following: R, Python, MATLAB, Java, C/C++, SQL, VBA and SharePoint.
- Strong academic background in data mining, machine learning and statistics.
- Working knowledge of big data processing frameworks and tools such as Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce.
- Prior experience in shipping or oil & gas sector preferred.
- Experience conducting market research and/or providing customer insights, including insights on customer behavior
- Advanced report writing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong organizational and time management skills
If this job sounds exciting to you, then please apply with you CV and a brief summary of why you are interested in this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.