Senior Manager, Fleet Operations and Efficiency
Department: Technical and Operations
Reporting Line: Senior Vice President, Technical and Operations
Operational Performance Management
- Daily operation duties of a selected number of vessels.
- Day to day leadership of the Operations department.
- Ensure pre-and post-fixture performance within the Operations team.
- Optimization of fleet TCE results via voyage cost control.
- Speed/consumption performance monitoring including performance management on Time. Charter vessels in close cooperation with the head of fleet performance.
- Support the claims department on all claims.
- Improve and maintain operational efficiency for the team.
- Implement and Optimize processes to achieve better performance:
- support customer satisfaction,
- maximize earnings,
- minimize voyage cost within the commercial contracts framework.
- Promote best practices within the fleet.
- Implement new industry rules and regulation relevant to the operations department.
- Ensure vessel management software (IMOS) is updated accurately daily for the fleet.
- Developing and maintaining statistics, benchmarks and quality reports to monitor operational performance.
- Maintaining databases to ensure high data quality and business controls.
- Update superiors daily on matters of relevance.
- Escalation of any risk and liability issues and for decisions which exceeds Charter Party terms.
- Ensure smooth coordination between the Vessel, Technical, Technical managers, Finance and Chartering.
- Ensure the Claims and Collections team is fully aligned with Operations.
- Member of the Emergency Response team in case of Emergencies.
- Participate in cross functional projects.
- Support other departments in the execution of strategy and cost management activities. These include:
- Technical Managers,
- Sales &Purchase,
- Projects Department
Who we are looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience in shorebased vessel operations.
- Strong analytical and data management capabilities.
- Prior experience in handling voyage cost control.
- Proven track record in driving operational change and optimization.
- Proactive, passionate and driven to perform better.
- Advanced excel and powerpoint skills.
- Understanding of Business Intelligence (BI)/Reporting.
- Stakeholder management with IT, Chartering and Commercial to integrate Commercial and Operational Processes.
Who we are and what we offer:
BW LPG has the world’s largest fleet of gas carriers. We have a rich legacy with more than 80 years of experience within the maritime sector and 4 decades of experience in gas transportation. Whilst we are inspired by our rich past, we are a forward-looking organization where action, and your ability to deliver is rated higher than years’ of experience.
Our Vision is to be Best on Water. We are 2300 strong at sea and operate a lean and agile organization ashore with approximately 50 employees at our offices based in Singapore, Oslo and Houston. We offer an exciting work culture with a group of driven and energetic employees and the opportunity to work with a diverse team from around the world.
If this job sounds exciting to you, then please apply with your CV and a brief summary on why you are interested in this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.