Asst. Manager; Collection and Claims
- Responsible for proper and effective demurrage claims associated with vessel employmen
- Calculate, raise and tender demurrage invoices in accordance to CP terms in a timely manner.
- Proactively pursue Charterers for demurrage settlement
- Understand Charter Party clauses on effective demurrage recovery and appreciate basic operational activities underlying such claims.
- Responsible for calculating and invoicing freight and/or time charter hire & other claims associated with vessel employment
- All claims / revenues are raise as per CP within time barred period
- Issue and collection of freight when vessel completed discharge
- Verification and raise miscellaneous claims in accordance to CP terms
- Raise external TC Hire In / Out and Charterer’s item
- Raise external Bareboat Hire Invoices and processing TC / BBC invoices in vessels
- Maintain and collate data and records of all claims and collections proceeds inside the company’s approved system.
- Report on freight / hire / demurrage and miscellaneous claims status as required.
- Support the department in enhancing interdepartmental process to ensure streamlined procedures
- Responsible in processing brokerage commission and commercial fees payments in IMOS and EBS
- Actively participate in the development of the quality management system and engage in the process for the continuous improvement of departmental procedures
- Collaborate effectively with Chartering, Operations, Finance, Insurance and any other department necessary to process claims in an effective manner.
- Educated to Diploma level in any discipline
- Minimum 3 years work experience with 2 years in a claims type environment
- Strong numeracy and written skills
- Possessing commercial acumen
- Good working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Exposure to Shipping IT system such as VESON IMOS, Oracle
- Able to work in a systematic and organized manner
- Will work in a precise and accurate manner
- Capable of working with and analyzing detailed information
- Will provide support and assist others
- Is analytical and manages data and information logically
- Works in a careful and thorough manner
If this job sounds exciting to you, then please apply with your CV and a brief summary on why you are interested in this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.