At BW LPG, we believe in acting for the future. We go beyond compliance, and ensure that we use resources efficiently, mitigate all environmental risks in our operations, and lower vessel emissions. BW is committed to maintaining and operating our fleet to the highest possible standards, and has invested in technology to help reduce our environmental footprint.
Shipping is the most carbon-efficient way of moving goods internationally. It serves more than 90 per cent of global trade by carrying huge quantities of cargo cost effectively, cleanly and safely. At BW LPG, we acknowledge that this same mode of transport is a key contributor of greenhouse gas emissions. We believe participants in the maritime industry must do their part to lower greenhouse gas emissions and increase energy efficiences in our operations. BW LPG is committed to maintaining and operating our fleet to the highest possible standards, and has invested in technology to help reduce our environmental footprint.
We are committed to implementing processes and measures that will continually reduce our impact on the environment. We will:
- Strive for zero oil spills
- Keep BW's environmental management plans ISO 14001-certified, ashore and onboard all vessels
- Ensure compliance with present and future regulatory requirements
- Continuously improve the environmental awareness of our employees
- Work together with our supplier to seek environmental friendly solutions
- Implement energy efficient designs, equipment and operational practices
- Monitor performance against predetermined goals and objectives
- Evaluate risk, review performance and share experience
We are constantly looking for ways to be more efficient and to promote and achieve sustainability in our core business. We have made multiple changes to improve the way energy is used, such as physical changes to the propeller, new paint technology, engine tuning, autopilot, vessel trim optimization and weather routing. These make our ships run more efficiently and make every drop of fuel count. Our energy management program represents a continual effort to reduce fuel consumption and emissions for the protection of the environment.
Find out more about our energy management initiatives by clicking on the box below.