BW LPG is committed to being the world’s leading provider of LPG maritime transportation services. The BW LPG Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption policy guides BW LPG’s interactions with suppliers, customers, members of the industry and other stakeholders at all levels within the organisation.
- Comply with all applicable laws relating to anti-bribery and corruption in the jurisdictions in which we operate and in particular with respect to the UK Bribery Act 2010.
- Expect all employees to conduct themselves with high standards of integrity. Employees must avoid any situation or activity that compromises, or may compromise, their judgment or ability to act in the best interest of BW LPG.
- Support any employee who passes up an opportunity or advantage that would compromise our standards.
- Ensure that our reputation for ethical behaviour and fair dealing with suppliers, customers, members of the industry and other stakeholders is maintained.
- Prohibit the giving or receiving of any gift, cash, entertainment or hospitality where the intention is to influence a business decision.
- Prohibit unofficial payments or gifts made to facilitate routine government action (facilitation payments) where there is an intention to influence a public official in the performance of his/her official function and gain an advantage in the conduct of business.
- Prohibit employees from asking for or suggesting any gifts and/or entertainment of any kind or amount from suppliers or any other person.
- Any gift, entertainment or hospitality that exceeds the monetary thresholds outlined in BW LPG’s Gift and Entertainment Policy must be recorded.
- Employees are responsible for reporting infringements of any applicable laws in the jurisdictions in which BW LPG operates and in particular with respect to the UK Bribery Act 2010
In order to achieve this, BW LPG shall:
- Provide training, guidance to employees on BW LPG’s anti-bribery & anti-corruption policy.
- Require all shore-based employees to report gifts and entertainment according to BW LPG’s Gift and Entertainment Policy.
- Record all gifts and entertainment received or given on board.
- Appoint an Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption Representative to ensure adherence and compliance to the policy.
Applicable Regulations and Best Practices
Maritime Anti-Corruption Network
BW LPG is a part of BW Group, who is a member of the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network (MACN), a global business network working towards the vision of a maritime industry free of corruption that enables fair trade to the benefit of society at large. MACN and its members promote good corporate practice in the maritime industry for tackling bribes, facilitation payments and other forms of corruption.
MACN collaborates with key stakeholders, including governments and international organizations, such as the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), to identify and mitigate the root causes of corruption in the maritime industry.