The BW LPG Environmental Policy represents the overall guidance for BW LPG’s environmental work to improve our environmental performance.
BW LPG is committed to protecting the global environment, create environmental awareness and to minimize our environmental impact concerning all our activities, vessels and services.
In order to achieve this, BW LPG shall
- Prevent pollution and aim to ensure zero spills to sea by evaluating risk in all our operations;
- Commit to continued reduction in harmful emission to sea, air and land;
- Implement an environmental management system that is maintained, communicated and certified under ISO 14001 (under our fleet managers);
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, company and customer requirements and have zero tolerance for MARPOL violations;
- Consult with stakeholders on environmental issues;
- Educate, train and motive employees to carry our task in an environmental responsible manner;
- Implement technology and design that can improve environmental performance of all existing vessels and newbuilds;
- Have a holistic view on energy management and implement energy saving initiatives, devices and operational best practices;
- Continuously improve environmental performance by monitoring and review goals and objectives; and
- Regularly report on environmental performances.