The Procurement Policy is to ensure that procurement of quality materials and reliable services is done in the most cost-effective manner.
To ensure that all purchased materials and services comply with BW LPG’s safety, quality and environmental requirements, and that sound business judgment is applied in all procurement transactions.
In order to achieve this, BW LPG shall:
- Adhere to BW LPG’s Procurement Ethics & Code of Conduct.
- Require all suppliers to adhere to BW LPG’s Supplier Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
- Set out terms and conditions for purchasing of goods & services.
- Require all suppliers to provide appropriate product certification.
- Ensure procured materials and services meet the required specification.
- Validate specifications to ensure that the correct items are supplied.
- Consolidate purchase volumes and consider common-stock facilities.
- Audit the performance of principal suppliers.
- Maintain confidentiality of contract details.
- Remain loyal to fleet agreements.
- Minimize the environmental impact of procurement decisions.
- Ensure no use of asbestos in packing, services or in any kind of products.