The BW LPG Seafarers’ Anti-Harassment and Anti-Bullying Policy aids the establishing and enforcing of a harassment-free environment on-board all BW LPG vessels while at the same time ensuring professional and exemplary conduct of our Seafarers in all engagements with customers and the public.
Our seafarers are employed through our ship managers who undertake to adhere to BW LPG policies.
BW LPG strives to create and maintain a work environment and culture in which people are treated with dignity, decency and respect. The work environment and culture should be characterized by mutual trust and the absence of intimidation, oppression and exploitation.
BW LPG will not tolerate unlawful discrimination, bullying or harassment of any kind, and prohibit any retaliation against any individuals who report discrimination, bullying, harassment or participate in an investigation of such reports.
All seafarers must comply with this policy and take appropriate measures to ensure that prohibited conduct does not occur, and that any violation is reported.
Managers and supervisors who knowingly allow or tolerate discrimination, bullying, harassment or retaliation, including the failure to report such misconduct are in violation of this policy and will be subject to disciplinary action.
In order to achieve this, BW LPG shall request for ship managers to
- Brief all seafarers on the policy
- Educate seafarers to prevent and correct behavior that violates this policy
- Take appropriate disciplinary action against any seafarer who violates this policy
- Treat all parties of a complaint with equal dignity and fairness
- Handle all complaints swiftly and in confidentiality
- Ensure that shore staff handle reported cases as per ship manager’s Complaints Procedure